Product Portfolio Management
Planisware's Product Portfolio Management module helps companies actively manage their product pipeline lifecycle.
Complementary to PLM systems which focus on processes and data, Planisware targets business strategy and decision support; Planisware enables organizations to define the strategy for products and technologies, manage resource allocation across all products, and monitor development priorities according to business needs and market changes.
Planisware provides the following Product Portfolio Management capabilities:
- Full product life-cycle coverage from idea to retirement
- Market, sales and cost forecasting through an extensive Profit and Loss (P&L) statement tool
- Competitive intelligence monitoring & assessment
- Registers to track the progress of releases and change requests
- Business and market requirements analysis
- Regulatory constraints tracking
- Development planning
- Consolidation of key product statistics (warranty returns, production, sourcing, etc.)
- Sourcing strategy and configuration modeling
Benefits of Planisware Product Portfolio Management include:
- Enhanced visibility over company technologies, products and high level components
- Management of product requirements from business need introduction to implementation
- Ability to track change requests and their rationales, as well as monitor P&L impacts
- Product health assessment during the entire life cycle from inception to retirement
- Comparison of actual product market position, costs, P&L against expectations
- Assessment of alignment between portfolio and market changes and business priorities
- Management of interactions among products, components, and the company's technology portfolio
Sales forecasting capabilities in Planisware enable users to quickly set up the product cash flow estimate, taking into account expected costs, potential revenues, cost savings, market conditions, etc.
As projects evolve, revenue, cost estimates, and market assumptions can be revised or re-synchronized on-demand. Users can also create scenarios to test the impact of new products, program updates, and changing market conditions on the forecast.