Project Portfolio Management for IT Organizations
IT PPM is Project Portfolio Management applied to IT projects. Planisware IT PPM software solutions help IT organizations drive their project activities by:
- capturing strategies and ambitions, their rationale and associated budgets
- collecting and triaging requests from the whole organization
- prioritizing projects using portfolio management techniques
- supporting project delivery and the IT department's accountability
Build the right portfolio. Accelerate delivery of IT projects.
Strategic Portfolio Management
Communicate your strategic vision, set investment targets, and create objective-optimized portfolios that will achieve your goals.
Scenarios and optimization techniques help you identify the right portfolio to deliver on your strategic objectives.
- Articulate direction with multi-layered roadmaps
- Align portfolio funding with investment objectives and funding constraints
- Optimize resource utilization through capacity planning
- Evaluate portfolio option through scenarios and simulations
- Explore data through reporting
See also our article.
Requests & Business Case
Collect and triage requests:
- assign simple requests to the right maintenance activity projects or products,
- build more complex requests into qualitative and quantitative business case proposals.
Within proposals, leverage consistent financial metrics, KPI, and scorecards to eliminate bias from the selection process.
Watch the recorded Planisware IT ppm demo Part I
Resources and Teams
Address your IT organization's resource challenges: define autonomous teams to carry out your project activities, while using resource forecasting to manage your organizations capacity in the mid- to long-term.
Ensure that key resources/skills shared by several teams are not overallocated and that the total time allocated to maintenance activities is kept in check.
Leverage Insights from Enterprise Architecture
Create connections between strategic planning, IT architecture, and project / product activities :
- Highlight short-term trade-offs and the impacts of project/portfolio decisions, with visibility into IT architecture assets such as applications, interfaces, technologies, and processes.
- Take "to-be" plans from Enterprise Architects into account at the strategic planning level when building roadmaps and budgets.
- Follow planning and delivery of changes to the architecture from projects or workstreams
- Demonstrate the value of architectural initiatives. Consolidate costs from both projects and architectural assets. Create visibility into actual savings against baseline and the IT budget.
Agile and Scaled Agile
Agile is now the de facto standard to deliver change for projects and teams. Large initiatives are increasingly managed using scaled agile methodologies such as DoD, Spotify agile, or the popular SAFe framework.
Improve collaboration and communication through social ppm, document management, and deliverable tracking capabilities. Use Planisware's workbox to keep track of everything you need to know, check, or do.
More than 250 customers and 40,000 users worldwide
Above all, Planisware convinced us because of its capability to represent the role-based workflow we required. We made the conscious decision to opt for standard software and to strongly parametrize it in order to give the end user the best possible process support. This absolutely turned out to be the right choice.Christian Hess, Head of Project Portfolio Management, Raiffeisen
Resources Around IT PPM
"The vendor embraces the full life cycle
from strategy to execution."
"Excellent functionality [in] project, program, financial management; strong portfolio and resource management."
"A comprehensive, dedicated ppm solution and a Champion in the space."
Ready to learn more? Explore our solutions.
Strategic Portfolio Management at Scale
Advanced, from strategic planning to delivery
Deliver your projects and portfolios at scale.
Planisware Enterprise captures your strategy and aligns your portfolios, projects, and teams to make an impact on the bottom line.