Project Controls & Engineering
Streamline collaboration, create visibility, and optimize outcomes for complex engineering and construction projects. Planisware Enterprise connects contracts, schedules, documents, and financial information on a single platform to simplify access and maximize control.
Planisware is used by top organizations in Engineering (ABB, Alstom, EDF...), Aerospace & Defense (CAE, Naval Group, Safran...) and Construction (McKinstry, DOTs, Wallonie Regional Gov., Vinci Axians...) to manage their construction, maintenance, and engineering projects.
Want to learn more?
Unlock the power of integrated data:
Your contracts, schedules, financial data, and resources all in one place.
Keep contracts and projects in sync
- Maximize your margin by combining contract management with project cost control. Visibility between the contract and project ensures that you have all the latest data, so that you can react to events, make informed decisions, and control cost effectively.
- Structure projects around contract elements to consolidate progress, budget, and associated deliverables for each major milestone.
- Generate contracts directly from project proposals to automatically capture key dates, cost estimates, objectives, and scope information.
- Understand the impact of changes - see how contract changes would impact execution and margin, and how project changes affect the contract.
- Track status of key milestones such as delivery and need-by dates.
Track and control costs
- Robust and flexible cost engine: define cost breakdown structures, cost types, rate tables, and escalations (rate adjustments based on time, location, or other factors.)
- Streamline revenue recognition by mapping contractual performance obligations to milestones, tasks, or events in the project plan. Apply percentage-of-completion method to calculate revenue where transfer of control is not a single event. Manage and report fulfillment costs from suppliers and other sources.
- Built-in support for Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques and reporting. Complete support of ANSI/EIA 748 requirements and standards.
- Model profit & loss statements to manage margins and cash flows.
- Aggregate live cost information instantly to assess project performance and inform review sessions in real-time.
- Export planned cost or retrieve actuals via integration with ERPs and accounting systems.
- Manage payments, expenditures, commitments, and estimated value of hardware and stock.
Industry-leading planning capabilities
- The most advanced scheduling engine available on the market today. 100% web.
- Eliminate guesswork in the planning phase - fully-loaded project templates and pre-built workpackages make it easy to standardize schedules and generate preliminary estimates.
- Structure projects by workpackage and delegate to internal or external teams. Grant external teams controlled access to their part of the schedule.
- Build predictability and enable detailed analytics by connecting cost and budgetary information directly to activities or milestones.
- Integrate key documents and specifications directly in your schedule, and flag as prerequisite for downstream activities.
- Plan in 5D with Building Information Modeling (BIM): our visualization engine integrates 3D models of your building or project with your schedule for 4D planning. Direct access to financial information from the model adds a 5th dimension to your project controls.
Communicate, collaborate, and increase field productivity
- Access all communication around your project in one place, from in-system project data, documents, and discussion threads, to issues and alerts, to third-party email and chat systems (via secure synchronization).
- Make updates from the field with mobile access: reference and annotate plans & drawings, open issues, update progress, and more.
- Easily share project information with stakeholders and field personnel to inform work, set priorities, and communicate emergent issues or status updates.
- Accelerate claims investigation by consolidating information in a single, searchable system - accessible at any time during or after the project.
Fine-tune forecast and optimize resource allocations
- Create a detailed model of your resource pool, including organizational structure, skills, location, rates, and availability.
- Increase precision and accuracy of resource forecast in your plans. Calculate demand instantly from project and activity variables using parametric estimation; build and apply load distribution profiles and project-specific resource valorization models.
- Compare resource demand against capacity at the program or portfolio level to identify staffing risks, inform project prioritization, and optimize allocations. Apply expected win rates to adjust demand estimates in the mid- to long-term.
- Simulate cost and schedule impact before making project or portfolio decisions.
- Integrate external resources through rate profiles. Both internal and external cost units can be defined to cross-charge usage and used to perform internal invoicing.
- Track actual hours to reveal unexpected resource drains, improve the accuracy of future estimates, and streamline invoicing.
Our References in the Engineering Sector
- Alstom Transport
- Die Bahn
- DoT Michigan
- DoT Montana
- FCB Ciments
- Landesbetrieb Strassenbau NRW
- Martin Baker
- Naval Group
- Parker Drilling
- SNCF Réseau
- Vinci Energies
- Williams International
See Planisware Enterprise in action!
On-demand demos & brochures
Ready to learn more? Explore our solutions.
Strategic Portfolio Management at Scale
Advanced, from strategic planning to delivery
Deliver your projects and portfolios at scale.
Planisware Enterprise captures your strategy and aligns your portfolios, projects, and teams to make an impact on the bottom line.