Planisware for IT Project & Portfolio Management
Within IT, Planisware supports organizations delivering services as products as well as customers with sophisticated resource management requirements.
For IT PPM, Planisware is deployed within the insurance and banking industry such as Raiffeisen and AXA, government organizations and local authorities such as Communauté Urbaine de Lyon and vts Politie Nederland, and businesses such as Air France and Veolia.
Within such industries, Planisware key features include:
- resource management and time tracking abilities
- enterprise social networking tools
- budget management and demands processing
- flexible reporting and dashboards
- full support of agile processes
Above all, Planisware convinced us because of its capability to represent the role-based workflow we required. We made the conscious decision to opt for standard software and to strongly parametrize it in order to give the end user the best possible process support. This absolutely turned out to be the right choice.Christian Hess, Head of Project Portfolio Management, Raiffeisen
- Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris
- Banque Accord
- Canton de Vaud
- Communauté Urbaine de Lyon
- GE Capital Bank
- GIPS (APICIL Group)
- La Poste
- RBC Investor Services
- SBB CFF FFS - Swiss Railroad
- SIX Group
- SNCF DSIV
- Societe Generale
- Utrecht Province
- Vauban Humanis
- vts Politie Nederland
Planisware's IT PPM provides IT managers with a solution that offers the following benefits:
- Full visibility - Track where time has been spent by teams, assess the health of the project pipeline, gain visibility over the IT portfolio of services, applications and assets, follow-up on initiatives, and keep an eye on key KPIs
- Engage the organization - Select and prioritize initiatives and projects according to organizational strategy, drive the budget cycle, deliver software components, manage projects and reach all stakeholders through Enterprise Social Networking tools, manage and keep issues that arise under control
- Build a sustainable vision for the future - Develop a vision through roadmaps, model the organization's next enterprise architecture, collect, triage and transform demands into potential initiatives, get investment and ROI estimates
Planisware provides the following general components:
- Service Portfolios Management - Organize services into hierarchies, including, top service portfolio items, catalogs and applications/assets. Consolidate information and vision on any level of the hierarchy. Full support for the ITIL methodology.
- Application / Assets Management - Monitor and track business contribution and financial impacts through the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), for example. A complete release management module helps you plan and deliver new releases and document all relevant decisions.
- Investment Management - Support the full budget cycle. After illustrating the strategy and objectives of the organization in a road map, drive the annual budget priorities and quarterly budget adjustments with ease.
- Software Development Support - Planisware provides the screens, reports and processes needed to support Agile developments, including requirements, stories, sprints, and kanban-driven workflows.
- Enterprise Architecture Modeling - Model the organization's key assets, and assess the impact of any change to your IT architecture through simulations and scenarios.
The Planisware ITPC Gateway enables IT organizations to easily consolidate IT Service Management Infrastructure (ITSM) information - incidents, problems, changes, configurations, assets, and service impacts - into Planisware.
IT organizations often focus their PPM efforts on managing project activities at the portfolio and operational levels. However, project activities frequently account for only 20% of time spent, while 80% of the total effort is dedicated to on-going maintenance activities.
A key benefit of the Planisware ITPC Gateway is enhanced visibility over IT activities. This is accomplished by connecting information across multiple Configuration Management Databases (CMDB) within the IT department, removing the black box surrounding maintenance activities.
This clarity helps IT managers synchronize Portfolio Management and Business Service Management.
The Planisware ITPC Gateway supports the ITIL approach, the standard for improving IT Service Management (ITSM). The Planisware ITPC Gateway integrates:
- Change requests
- Service impacts
In conjunction with the Strategic Application Portfolio module, the Planisware ITPC Gateway helps IT organizations measure the business contribution of each application and computes a standard Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) across all the applications in use within the organization.
Such information provides insights to support important decisions, (for example, whether to own or rent applications) and helps the organization to more accurately estimate expected capital expenditures (CAPEX) and operational expenditures (OPEX) for new potential applications.