Collect needs from the whole organization, triage requests, and apply homogeneous criteria to select projects/ideas. Manage Project and maintenance time, resource assignments and capacity.
Organizations such as Societe Generale, Generali, AXA as well as vibrant mid-sized organization such as Air Tahiti, Virbac or Tyson trust Planisware to manage their IT PPM.
Demand management is the processing of all proposals that would impact current and future projects (project demands, ideas, and change requests):
- Collect and centralize demands in a single area
- Assess the value and cost of each demand and identify the dependencies
- Make decisions with transparency and fluidity
- Ensure the connection between expressed needs and what is implemented
Once project possibilities are identified, the portfolio manager gets a set of projects that must be qualified, prioritized and validated. He needs to analyze the overall coherence of the organization’s projects so that duplicates are avoided, resources are focused on value-added projects and load is balanced throughout the year.
- Formalize strategy by structuring it in portfolio form
- Consolidate projects for global strategic analysis
- Define and present the organization’s financial and human constraints
- Arbitrate various scenarios depending on priority and resources capacity
Manage your project planning with interactive Gantt chart, to-do lists or a Kanban boards. Standardize project practicies with project templates, make resources collaborate with detailed list of tasks, track progress through milestones and deliverables, or combine different planning modes (waterfall, agile, stage-gate…)
- Identify projects, their characteristics and their teams
- Delegate tasks and get teams involved
- Implement hybrid project management with agile and waterfall planning
- Monitor the progress of projects and KPIs
Follow-up your project and non-project activities. Configure your Resource Management process to fit your workflow (role or named resources, assignment rules, timesheets entries and control...)
- Anticipate team capacity and availability
- Optimize workload and reduce project delays
- Analyze time distribution between project and non-project activities
- Get a single timesheet for all resources activities
Provide project managers with the ability to plan, track in real-time, and analyze the financial performance of projects. It allows you to manage budgets globally or in detail accounting for categories like labor, expenses, materials and equipment.
- Anticipate and breakdown budget needs to get reliable buckets
- Get a centralized view on project cost (planned, actuals, payments…)
- Ensure the reliability of forecasts and budgetary outcomes
Collaboration & Reporting
Decision-makers can no longer be satisfied with just “seeing” what’s going on. They need to anticipate and act. Decision-makers gets a real-time control on their portfolio and they can take decisions based on past findings, real-time monitoring, and forecasting.
- Formalize, ensure reliability, and speed up project reporting
- Measure project impact and profits in real time
- Facilitate communication among teams
- Share and keep track of all data and documents