NEO-Technologies, leader in the Swiss market for consulting and solutions in the energy and public sector. It consults and supports clients from project ideation to project execution to ensure the final project delivery. Its specialization is in information technologies projects. From consulting, operation and maintenance, NEO-Technologies supports all aspects of a project according to the needs of its customers. Their expertise is in connecting technology and businesses by bringing them closer together.
Their main activities:
- Implementation and integration
- Commercial and technical expertise
- Customer Support and Service
- Hosting and operations
Some of the products and services they use:
- Business Intelligence
- Commercial solutions for the energy and public sectors (IS-U, GED, CRM, BW, BO, ECM etc…)
- Web Technologies
- Calculators (smart meters, smart grids, e-green value).
- More than 50 collaborators
- 3 locations : Lausanne, Zurich et Lugano
- More than 400 projects
Context and Challenges
Neo Technologies has adopted Planisware Orchestra to manage their projects. According to Mr. De Preux, Junior Consultant and Project manager at NEO Technologies Orchestra is deployed in the following services such as infrastructure and development.
Mr. De Preux being the sponsor of Orchestra is in charge of the training and full adoption of Orchestra. The most used Orchestra features in Neo Technologies are:
- Resource Management
- Project dashboards
- Alerts and notifications
- Internal Time tracking tools that are interfaced with Orchestra using Rest API.
Neo Technologies derives several advantages from using Orchestra, such as:
- Practical dashboards for better decision making
- The budget expenditure plans offering holistic and consolidated information
- A well-defined methodology and workflow
The main objective at the time of the acquisition of Orchestra was to have excellent resource management. Thanks to the implementation of Orchestra, project managers now have the reflex to look at the resource management module before allocating any resource. Goal achieved! Thanks to its ease of use and flexibility the use of Orchestra has become widespread within the company.
Today, they have set up a connection with JIRA to recover times spent in Orchestra from Worklogs recovered from JIRA kanban tickets.